Egypt was always one of my favourite subjects. So much to to learn and so much to discover. We spend a whole day coming up with ideas of how and what we want to learn. Activities we did were:
- Locating Egypt on the map.
- Tracing a map on ancient Egypt and comparing it to the modern Egypt.
- Painting a map of Ancient Egypt and marking River Nile, Pyramids, Sphinx.
- Reading about Egyptian gods and drawing their characters .
- Making a pyramid .
- Making paper camels.
- Making pharaohs crowns.
- Reading about customs and life of Ancient Egyptians.
- Making paper dolls of Ancient Egyptians.
- Watched documentaries about Ancient Egyptians and how to make chariots.
- We discussed how life was different then as to now.
- We completed sticker books on Ancient Egypt.
- We wrote our names in hieroglyphs and discussed the way Egyptians communicated.
- Crafted Scarab Beetles.
The websites we used:
- Paper dolls click here
- Egyptians Gods click here
- Pyramid model click here
- Map of Ancient Egypt click here
- Pharaohs crown click here
- Make your own mummy online click here
- Printable definition cards click here
- Scarab Beetles click here
9.This book is for older ones , my son who is 9 absolutely love it. The illustrations are beautiful and its ver well done. The printed copy is £9.00 but you can just grab a kindle edition for £0.85p!!!!
10. This was our bedtime story for Egypt Study. Its a cute book about a young boy and a giraffe who travel across river Nile to get to Paris. It was a hit with both children. Click on the picture to buy on Amazon for £9.00.
Documentaries which we watched. Some are on DVD and some on Netflix/Prime. You can also find them on you tube.
You tube : Egyptian Chariots. Very interesting documentary, we watched and enjoyed it as a family.
Khan Academy Free Overview of Ancient Egypt.
I’m a member of the affiliate club therefore if you click the links ( photos) and purchase the items I will be paid a very small token of appreciation. You don’t get charged more for using it.
I hope you enjoyed our Unit Study on Ancient Egypt.
Love and Light